Recover Deleted Files on Android – Nowadays, we all are working through our Android phones, and it has become the major device for media and file storage. We store all our important files in them. But sometimes we accidently delete these important files, or family photos from our phone and later realize that we don’t even have its backup. When such a situation arises, don’t start panicking as Google has a solution to this as well. Today Android data recovery app has become one of the latest searches online as these apps allow you to recover your data, files, photos that have been deleted from your Android phone without using a computer.
If you have also accidently deleted your important files on Android and looking for ways as to how to recover deleted files on Android without a computer, then you have reached the right place. Today we have tried to summarize the best methods for Android data recovery. You can easily get back your lost data through the best Android apps listed below that help in data recovering. So let’s go through the best apps for data recovery on Android 2017 if you have accidentally deleted your important files on Android.
Best Methods to Recover Deleted Files on Android
Dumpster Android Data Recovery App
You will find this app in Google Play store by the name Dumpster- Recycle Bin. Out of a lot of android data recovery app on Google play store, Dumpster is the best android data recovery app. You can recover files, photos, and videos only with this app, as it currently doesn’t support contact and message recovery.
Steps to recover data with Dumpster without using Computer:
- Download the Dumpster- Recycle Bin app from Google Play Store and install it from play store.
- Now click on the refresh button after opening the app. You lost and deleted files will be scanned and displayed after the refreshing process.
- Now long press on the required file. A pop-up window will appear, click on the Preview tab to view the complete file.
- If you want to restore the file, then click on the restore tab.
The file will be successfully restored on your device. It is one of the handiest apps for Android data recovery, but it cannot retrieve deleted texts on android.
GT Data Recovery
The next app through which you can recover deleted files on Android is the GT Data Recovery app. The main feature of this application is that it can be work only in rooted devices. Thus you can recover lost data without a computer. In case you have lost your file due to formatting or accidental deletion, then GT Data Recovery app will help you to recover deleted files android internal storage.
Follow the given steps:
- Download and Install the GT Data Recovery app on your Android phone from the following link- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.bihu.recovery&hl=en
- Now click on the Start New Scan option.
- After the scanning process, multiple files will be displayed. Select the file that you want to recover.
- Click on the Recover tab.
Done! The selected files will be recovered. GT Data recovery is the best android data recovery app as it allows you to search your file, go through the scanning results and supports EXT3, EXT4 and FAT formats.
DiskDigger Photo Recovery
The next app in our list is mainly for the recovery of photos from both your internal and external storage. Also, it helps to recover deleted files android unrooted and rooted Android phones. Also, you can upload the recovered files to DropBox or Google Drive and email them. And likewise, it also allows you to store it in another folder.
Steps to recover files through DiskDigger:
- Launch the app from Google Play store.
- Two options Full Scan and Basic Scan are given which are suitable for only rooted and both unrooted and rooted device respectively.
- For a unrooted device, you can click on “Start the basic photo scan,” followed by “Scanning for files,” whereas the rooted device users will have to click on the “Allow” in the Superuser request window.
- The files will be scanned, and the list will be displayed from which you can select the file to be recovered.
- Through DiskDigger you can save the files in three different ways- Save to device, Save to an app and FTP upload.
DiskDigger comes in two version where the Free DiskDigger allows you to recover only photos and videos while the pro version allows retrieving deleted texts on android as well.
ES File Explorer
Apart from the different android data recovery apps, you can also go for the ES File Explorer method. ES File Explorer is a file manager application that helps you to recover the deleted data. It is advised that you use ES File Explorer as your file manager as recovery through this app is possible in two ways.
Method I- Recover from Recycle Bin
Recycle Bin is one of the feature of ES File Explorer, through which you can recover deleted files on Android. It works without any third party app, just like the recycle bin of Windows and Mac. From the left side, you need to slide the toolbar and then click on “Tools” followed by “Recycle Bin.” You will be provided with a list of deleted files, and then you can select the required file.
Download the ES File Explorer from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
Note: Enable the “Recycle Bin” option to recover through this method.
Method II- Recover Through Data Recovery Software
You ca also use the EaseUS Android Software for data recovery through the ES File Explorer. Launch the software and connect your phone to the PC. Click on the start option, and your lost data will be scanned by the software. As soon as the scanning is complete, you will get a list of deleted files by the Explorer app from which you can select the files you want to recover. Click on the recover option, and your work is done.
You can download the EaseUS software from their site.
Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
This application is the best if you want to recover deleted files android without root. It might sound a bit difficult to recover deleted files android unrooted, but through the Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery, you can easily recover deleted files on Android as it will root the device for you.
Steps for recovery:
- Download and install the Jihosoft Android recovery app from http://www.jihosoft.com/android/android-phone-recovery.html
- Now run the recovery app on your PC. You will get to choose from four interface options- Database, Whatsapp, Multimedia, and All.
- Choose one of the options to which your file belongs.
- Connect your phone to the PC and enable USB debugging.
- After your device gets identified, start the scanning process by clicking on “Start.”
- The details of the deleted data will be shown. Select the file and recover it.
Jihosoft Android Data Recovery app is one of the best for Android data recovery as it helps to recover deleted files android without root. Also if you are using this app, then it is advised that as soon as you lose your data, stop using your Android device and turn off your Wi-Fi or mobile data to avoid automatic updates.
Hexamob is also an app through which you can recover deleted files on Android. It will allow you to recover every kind of files, from photos to videos, mp3 to texts and messages. Also, it works only with rooted Android devices. Its features include:
- It includes File Shred Tool that is it allows you to remove a file permanently by overwriting them and making it unrecoverable.
- It supports external SD card.
- It helps in recovering of the removed documents with overwritten data blocks.
Also read :
Hexamob’s features indicate that it is one of the best data recovery app to recover lost data without a computer. Also, it is used to recover deleted files on Android after factory reset, and you can download it from hexamob play store.
Since 2006, Potatoshare has been providing its services to restore the deleted files on Android through the various Android data recovery apps. It is one of the most reliable and trusted companies that provides software to recover the deleted files for Android, iOS, and Windows as well. The Potatoshare is the best for Android data recovery, and one can work with it easily.
Steps to follow to recover deleted files through Potatoshare:
- Download and install the Android data recovery software through Potatoshare on your PC from http://www.potatoshare.com/
- Permit USB debugging on your Android phone and connect it to the PC via USB.
- Scanning of files will be divided into two options-
- Scan call history, messages, and contacts
- Scan videos, photos, and other files
- Click on the start button after selecting the type of file you want to scan and recover.
- You will get a preview of all the deleted files after the scanning process gets completed.
- Select the wanted file and click on to recover option.
The file will be recovered in a few minutes. Potatoshare is a very easy and user-friendly app for those who don’t know how to recover deleted files on Android without a computer.
SMS Backup and Restore
People usually delete messages in anger and fear, but later need them. For such cases, there are several apps that allow you to retrieve deleted texts on android. One of them is SMS Backup and Restore. With this app in your android phone, you will never lose a text message, even if you want to. Just kidding!
Steps to follow to retrieve deleted texts on android:
- Download “SMS Backup and Restore” on your mobile from the given link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en
- Open the app and click on Backup and then choose the type of backup.
- Select “All conversation” and then select the “Local Backup and Upload” at the bottom.
- Your backup process will be started and will restore whenever you delete them accidently.
By this process you might not restore the already deleted messages but you can download this app so that you have a backup of all your text messages from now. It is one of the best apps to recover lost data without computer.
Yodot Data Recovery Software
Next we data recovery software from Yodot, in our list of best Android data recovery app. It develops recovery software for both Android devices and PCs. This user friendly interface allows you to have preview of the deleted music, videos and images, including .apk files. Let’s have a look at the steps to recover the deleted files:
- Download and install the Yodot Data Recovery software on your PC through this link.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB after enabling USB debugging in it.
- Select from the two recovery option that you get after opening the software program- “Lost file recovery” or “Deleted file recovery”.
- After your device is detected by the software select it and click on the “Next” button.
- Different folders of your lost or deleted files will be displayed, once the scanning process is over.
- Lastly, you will have to select the file you want to recover and click Next button.
Your selected file will be recovered in a few minutes. It is one of the best working method for those who do not know how to recover deleted files on Android without computer. Through Yodot you can recover deleted files android apk, which is rare to find in other apps.
Undeleter Restore Files and Data
Last in our list of apps for android data recovery is the Undeleter Restore Files and Data. It is a very handy android application which can undelete all your deleted files in a few minutes. It can restore any kind of files like music, videos, pictures, ebooks and in any volume and from any place like SD card storage, OTG or internal storage. It can even scan your Whatsapp chats, SMS and call logs.
Steps to un-erase the erased data through Undeleter Restore Files and Data:
- Download and install the app in your Android device.
- Open the app and select the storage place from where your data has been lost.
- Scan the device.
- The deleted files will be displayed in several tabs depending on the format- music, video, pictures etc.
Download the app from play store
Apart from Undeleter Restore Files and Data, there are a lot of other apps like Piriform Recuva, Fonepaw and Wonderhsare Dr. Fone that works on the same lines and recover deleted files on Android.
Above given are the 10 best methods with which you can recover the deleted files on Android. With the help of these Android data recovery apps and software you can easily recover deleted files android internal storage or external storage. Now you don’t have to worry if you accidently click the delete button or are left with no other option than formatting your phone or SD card, because we are here to provide you with the best solution to your problems.